Thursday, January 18, 2018

Time to myself

Today I finally did what I had wanted to do for some time- go and work out at the gym, or at least take a walk outside. Since it was 16 degrees F at 7am, I opted for the former. Nothing serious, I just walked on the treadmill, but it felt good to get moving again. I am so close to losing all the baby weight, but reaching that goal does require some effort on my part. So does getting up early in the morning when my daughter and husband are all snuggled in and fast asleep. 

Normally making this extra effort would annoy me, but clearly it is what is required since I will be cooped up every day until the weather gets warmer. Instead I feel grateful for having that time to myself, for myself, because the effort will be worth it- and I don't know if tomorrow will give me the same opportunity.
*****
This post is part of the daily gratitude practice I am hoping to develop during 2018. You can read all about it here. 
*****
May all beings be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please share with others. -With Metta, Renata