Sunday, January 7, 2018

My ancestors

Today I give my gratitude to those from my family's past, my ancestors. Though I am sure that I will write future posts dedicated to specific people, right now I am thinking of my forebears as a whole, those who have passed away; both known and unknown to me. As far as I know almost all 'my people' come from very humble backgrounds, and that, like most people's ancestors, all of them struggled with hardships that most of us in present-day America can only imagine. Those born into the feudal systems of Europe had to endure some very tough conditions, no doubt a large part of why they emigrated- which itself brought a whole set of new challenges.    

I want to thank them, because I like to believe that I still have some of that toughness and resilience in me, that my generation was not the dilution point despite extremely fortunate circumstances for which they laid the foundations. 

To those past members of my family, I thank you, and hope that, if somehow you know who I am, my actions and character honor you in some way.

*****
This post is part of my 2018 daily gratitude practice, which you can read all about here.
****
May all beings be happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please share with others. -With Metta, Renata