Thursday, January 11, 2018

For good friends close by

Yesterday my husband, daughter, and I met up with a good friend who lives nearby. We had a wonderful time catching up and sharing a meal together. It reminded me of the many times I have felt so wistful about our grad school days when my husband (then boyfriend) and I were able to hang out with our friends, who are now scattered across the globe. Life was busy, stressful, and we hardly had any money, but we always found a way to escape the grad school grind. I really miss those days and the people we spent them with. 

Though not from the same cohort of friends, last night's outing reminded me of those good times, and for that I am grateful. I am also grateful for the great company and the sweet gift given to our daughter after our outing :)

Grateful for good friends :)

*****
This post is part of the daily gratitude practice I am hoping to develop during 2018. You can read all about it here.
*****
May all beings be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please share with others. -With Metta, Renata