Tuesday, January 23, 2018

How writing about gratitude is different

Tomorrow it will be three weeks since beginning my gratitude journey, and I must say I am surprised. Pretty wimpy, I know, but all my efforts to develop a gratitude practice in the past have failed, and now I know why. It is not because I was actually ungrateful, but because I was just making a mental note of what I was thankful for. I wasn't truly expressing gratitude, but merely conceptualizing it.

By writing these posts I am taking action, and in a way that I stay accountable to the practice. I don't know what obstacles may stand in my way during this year, but my greatest hope is that I don't stop, and that the thoughts I communicate here at BCB turn into solid acts of gratitude.

I have the stack of thank you cards, so why don't I send them? They don't do any good sitting in my stationary box! 

 
What are you grateful for today?
*****
This post is part of the daily gratitude practice I am working to develop during 2018. You can read all about it at ByChanceBuddhism.  
*****
May all beings be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please share with others. -With Metta, Renata