Friday, January 19, 2018

Growing gratitude

Today I am grateful for a Bible reading my sister-in-law shared with me a few days ago called 'Growing Gratitude'. Since I wanted to savor the reading rather than just skim through it, I waited until today to read it. I am glad I did because it really lifted my spirits. I would not say today was a bad day, or that anything went very wrong, but as any parent can tell you, some days are just . . . hard. For no real reason I felt a weight on me, along with a tiredness that made it difficult to get my gratitude in gear!

Well, reading that post changed all that. It reminded me that there are so many people out there also tuning in to gratefulness for all the good things in their lives, and that this is the right thing to do.

"Thou hast given so much to me, give one thing more: a grateful heart."
~ George Herbert, "Gratitude"  

I am grateful for the timeliness of that article, and for an extremely intuitive sister-in-law! 😊
*****
This is an entry for the Gratitude practice I am working towards during 2018. Please feel free to read all about it here.
*****
May all beings be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please share with others. -With Metta, Renata