Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Baby steps

I am very excited to report that yesterday our daughter took her first steps! Her face was pure joy as she let go of the furniture and took two tiny but confident steps before carefully sitting back down and beaming from ear to ear. 

This happened while my husband and I were seated together in the small den we now use as her playroom, watching her crawl, cruise, and scuttle around from toy to toy. As her sense of balance improved, we knew that first steps were not far behind, but I was almost certain that she would not do it with both of us there- because that's not how these things work! 😆

I am very grateful that both my husband and I were present to witness our daughter's first steps. 
*****
This post is part of the daily gratitude practice I am hoping to develop during 2018. You can read all about it here. 
*****
May all beings be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please share with others. -With Metta, Renata