Saturday, January 6, 2018

My body

I would like to express gratitude for my body and its strength. A little more than a year ago it was recovering from childbirth, and somehow repaired itself despite the pain, bleeding, and exhaustion. If childbirth is a miracle, so is the healing that must occur afterward, because a mother's body goes through so much in such a short period of time. This includes not only pregnancy and childbirth, but also breastfeeding and the accompanying sleep deprivation and hormonal turmoil.  

I am also grateful for the slow but steady increase in my body's strength, and its ability to shed almost all the excess weight after baby. I am grateful because I know that my body's healing was not guaranteed, and that so many things could have been different from how they are now.

Thank you to my strong, capable, life-giving, and resilient body.

*****
This is an entry for the Gratitude practice I am slowly developing during 2018. Please feel free to read all about it here.
*****
May all beings be happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please share with others. -With Metta, Renata