Monday, January 8, 2018

About the 'gratitude' posts

Since the beginning of 2018 I have been working on developing a strong gratitude practice and expressing that gratitude through my posts here at BCB. As I was writing there were some things that occurred to me, and so I decided I would share those thoughts as well. 

First, I want to be clear that nothing I post is ever intended to gloat or brag. I hope that all my readers realize how important it is for me to focus on the gratitude aspect of each entity for which I am giving thanks. This does not mean that there are no flaws, misfortunes, or shortcomings in my life and character, but rather that I am choosing to express the gratitude I feel pure and simple- and pushing aside any negative, critical, or apologetic thoughts or emotions, simply because they do not belong here. This means that most posts will have an very upbeat, reverent tone, not because I fail to see that everything is not perfect, but because these positive attributes are the components that are essential for cultivating an authentic, more intuitive sense of gratitude, which is my ultimate goal.

Second, though I said this venture would be difficult, I meant that mostly in terms of my own attitude and procrastination getting in the way. I now realize that this project is both difficult and easy at the same time: easy because there is no lack in people/things to be grateful for, but difficult because . . . there are so many people/things to be grateful for (and I want to thank them all at once)! What I am trying to say is that I hope no one is disappointed if they do not see a post expressing well-deserved gratitude towards themselves. Believe me when I say that I have not forgotten, I am just very slow and this is a day-by-day, post-by-post type of thing, because I want to do it right. (By all means, if the year is drawing to a close and you feel I need a gentle reminder, then do send one! :) ) 

Third, I can anticipate that there may be some posts that may seem silly or superficial, for instance giving thanks for some helpful household implement rather than a person or meaningful experience. If this annoys anyone, just BEAR WITH ME, and remember that I have not committed to this project to pretentiously discuss being thankful only for 'the big stuff,' but to appreciate the little things as well. If expressing gratitude is my path towards living life to the fullest, then I must consider all aspects of life, however grand or minute!

Thanks for your attention- as always, I welcome your comments and feedback!

With Love,
Renata
*****
This post is part of my 2018 daily gratitude practice, which you can read all about here.
*****
May all beings be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please share with others. -With Metta, Renata