Friday, January 29, 2010

Tension Between Buddhist Traditions

A few days ago I became aware of strong tensions between the Shugden tradition (website: Western Shugden Society) and none other than the Dalai Lama. I have read a little about the problems emphasized by the WSS, but at this point still do not know enough about the issue to have an opinion about it. A complicating factor is the immense popularity of the Dalai Lama, especially in the West, making any bad press quite unlikely to see the light of day. The WSS webpage makes some very serious allegations- I will keep my eyes open in the future to see what materializes. I thank a lady on twitter, K_Chogma (Debbs Kefford) for bringing this situation to light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please share with others. -With Metta, Renata