Sunday, January 24, 2010

Buddhist Costume?

As I said before, a lot of misconceptions about Buddhism stem from popular culture. Take this 'Buddhist Monk Spiritual Guy Costume'. Seems to me the description is slightly off, since the image depicts a guy trying to dress like a Hare Krishna. Looking elsewhere for this costume I saw that other outlets had listed it as 'Hare Krishna costume', but still! (origin of image from BizRate.com)
Honestly, I don't know whether to laugh or be annoyed. Given how silly this is, I guess I should probably just shrug my shoulders and laugh!

Take your own ignorance seriously, but have a sense of humor about that originating from others.

Hmmm, deep. That is my zen for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please share with others. -With Metta, Renata