These make up the basic Buddhist code for moral behavior.
The Five Moral Precepts:
1. Refrain from killing or harming of any living being
2. Refrain from taking things that do not belong to you
3. Refrain from engaging in sexual misconduct
4. Refrain from using harmful, untrue, or slanderous speech
5. Refrain from using substances to alter and harm the mind and body.
These sound simple, but we should also remember that following these precepts require intention, mindfulness, and dedication in the thoughts and actions we engage in every day.
May all beings be happy!