Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Lactation consultants!

First of all, Happy Valentine's Day! Of course, what could be more in the sprit than breastfeeding and those who make it their life's work?! 😂

Yeah, I know, not really. But just hear me out. It was on this day a year ago that Kleiner and I were struggling. The situation was not dire, but things were not great. I was ready to give up. 

Enter Katie, the best lactation consultant we could have had. She listened carefully to our issues and showed me simple techniques that made all the difference. When I opened up about some recent (unpleasant) experiences, she empathized. 

Fast forward to now, it is hard to believe how vulnerable I felt (and was!) at that point in time. I am glad we were guided by such a capable person- something I would hope for every new mom. 

I know that the world would not have ended if we had switched to formula, and that this is a viable (yay, science!) and beneficial option that many families choose. But I am very grateful for the support and guidance I received at this pivotal time in my (and my baby's) life. 


What are you grateful for this Valentine's Day? 💗
*****
This post is part of the daily gratitude practice I am working to develop during 2018. You can read all about it at ByChanceBuddhism!
*****
May all beings be happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please share with others. -With Metta, Renata