Thursday, February 15, 2018

An un-apology

A while back I posted about some of the 'flip side' emotions and accompanying questions that have also arisen from this gratitude practice . . .

Doubt: Will I be able to keep up this practice, or am I just deluding myself?

Self-consciousness: When I express gratefulness, do people think I am bragging or trying to flaunt some 'perfect life'? 

Fear: Will my fledgling gratitude be tested in a way I will not be able to handle? Will I alienate people I care about?

For starters, I know that if someone doesn't like or is annoyed by these posts, they don't have to read them. But we all know rejection can hurt, and often makes us reevaluate what we're doing.

With my own reevaluation complete, I know in my heart of hearts that developing this gratitude practice is the right thing to do. I also know that, though people may roll their eyes, posting often is the only way I will stay accountable. I guess that makes the patience and tolerance of others yet another thing to be grateful for! 😊

So, this is in essence a "Sorry, not sorry" post. Looking back, the gratitude practices I have tried to develop in the past were destined to fail. Now that I am actually doing it, my world is changing for the better. And I have a feeling that as I continue on this journey, there will be no going back.
*****
Have you succeeded in or attempted developing a gratitude practice? What worked/didn't work for you?
*****
This post is part of the daily gratitude practice I am working to develop during 2018. You can read all about it at ByChanceBuddhism!
*****
May all beings be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please share with others. -With Metta, Renata