Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Room is Just a Room

Yesterday I moved out of my beloved apartment, where I had spent three happy years with two wonderful roommates. It was a beautiful place with fantastic rent, with large picture windows, a walk-in closet, fireplace, large balcony, and a separate loft where my roommate and her two cute cats lived.

I know that being in a new place several hundred miles away, I will miss my spacious and beautiful apartment. But as I closed the door to my bedroom one last time, I realized that all the amenities were nothing compared to the fact that I was now going to be living with my fiance, who will become my husband later this month. It is hard to believe that it has been 11 months since we lived in the same town- and the same state!!

As I write this post nestled in blankets, recovering from the stress and strain of moving, I know that I am now home. A room is just a room, and now it is time for someone else to enjoy my old apartment. Our place is no mansion, but I know that my future husband and I can work together to make a beautiful home, filled with warmth and love.

"It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home."  ~Author Unknown

May all beings be happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please share with others. -With Metta, Renata