Tuesday, September 11, 2012

In remembrance

Before I publish my next few posts, I thought it was important to offer some words of remembrance on this day that is significant to so many of us. 

The following is what I feel in my heart as I remember the events, the victims, the heros (many being one in the same), and the resolve and compassion of a nation on 9.11.2001.
*****

As I learned of the planes crashed into buildings
and the many who had perished,
my heart broke for those innocent souls and their families.

As I learned of the bold actions of heros, 
who's last deeds were to save the lives of others,
my heart sobered with reverence for their bravery and compassion.

As I listened to and read the countless stories of those left behind, 
Stories of pain and suffering, but also of courage and hope,
my heart became aware that with love and wisdom, violence and hatred cannot crush us so easily. 

And As I sit here today, alive in this moment
I remember the events, the people, the words, the emotions, 
and my heart feels all these things once again. 

May those who were lost be blessed and remembered, always.  

Though borne from the mud beneath the dark water, Hope is the open lotus, luminous under a clear blue sky.

*****
May all beings be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please share with others. -With Metta, Renata