Sunday, February 25, 2018

Through a child's eyes

Yesterday my husband, daughter, and I went to a nearby aquarium. We had a nice time, and Kleiner enjoyed looking at all the fish swimming gracefully in the water, pursing her lips to mimic their little fish mouths. She also stared with wonder at the turtles, hippos, and jellyfish as they swam and otherwise moved about. It was truly a pleasure to observe things from her perspective as she saw these creatures live for the very first time. 




I know that I will probably (and hopefully) write many posts similar to this one, but that is okay with me! I love being able to see the world through a child's eyes, and am grateful for the opportunity.
*****
"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." 
~Shunru Suzuki, Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind (1970)
*****
This post is part of the daily gratitude practice I am working to develop during 2018. You can read all about it at ByChanceBuddhism!
*****
May all beings be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please share with others. -With Metta, Renata