Saturday, February 10, 2018

Not really feeling it

Today was one of those dark, rainy, miserable days. I don't know if that is what put me in a sour mood this evening, but I am really not feeling this right now. Even so I still had some grateful moments throughout the day, but was overall definitely not in the best frame of mind. 

Beyond the weather, I think I am suffering from a little too much routine. I continue to look forward to the weekend to spend a little more time with my husband, but the days just blur together into a (seemingly) endless loop. Feeling like day-to-day I accomplish nothing important is an effective recipe for frustration and discouragement.

But you know what? All this is okay. Like I said in my first gratitude post, the purpose of developing this practice in not to force myself to be grateful. Days (and emotions!) like these are going to happen, and it is my job to learn how to deal with them effectively. It is called a 'practice' for a reason! 

If I am grateful for anything today, it is that gratitude was able to shine through, even in the presence of substantial negativity. With that, I conclude with a picture of a notebook I saw in Target- which has now become especially relevant. Enjoy 😊  


*****
This post is part of the daily gratitude practice I am working to develop during 2018. You can read all about it at ByChanceBuddhism!
*****
May all beings be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please share with others. -With Metta, Renata