Friday, February 9, 2018

A bit overwhelmed

One thing I realized soon after embarking on this gratitude journey was it would be difficult, but for different reasons than I had originally thought. Instead of tiredness, procrastination, and negative emotions getting in the way, I am now more concerned with the magnitude of the endeavor.  

Put simply, there is just *so much* to be grateful for! 

So far, I have written quite a few posts about the 'best things' in life; the little things make us smile. I have also written several posts about loved ones, those who have touched and brought tremendous joy to my life (and the lives of many others). 

Taking a step back, it is fair to say I feel completely overwhelmed (in a good way!).  It is like I have just discovered a peaceful new ocean, and, in my efforts to explore it, have only just viewed a few shimmering drops in the palm of my hand.


I am so thankful for all the wonderful people and things in my life, and will continue my quest to express the gratitude I feel towards them to the best of my ability.
*****
This post is part of the daily gratitude practice I am working to develop during 2018. You can read all about it at ByChanceBuddhism!
*****
May all beings be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please share with others. -With Metta, Renata