Sunday, January 21, 2018

Freshly baked bread

A few weeks before Christmas, my husband said he had a surprise for me, but he didn't know if I would like it. Slightly ominous, but oddly exciting. It turned out to be . . . a breadmaker! 

I must admit, I was skeptical. Though I do make a good sweet bread, I was always intimidated by baking yeast breads, convinced that I would screw it up. Plus all that rising, punching, and kneading, I am far too lazy and impatient for that. 😏 

Today I finally had the chance to try it out, and I am so glad I did! As you can see the resulting bread was very tasty looking, and the flavor lived up to its appearance. 



I am grateful that I can now make delicious bread at home, and that I had the opportunity to try it out today. I am also glad it came out well!
*****
This post is part of the daily gratitude practice I am working to develop during 2018. You can read all about it at my blog, BCB.  
*****
May all beings be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please share with others. -With Metta, Renata