Saturday, January 20, 2018

A family outing

Today we took advantage of a warm(er) winter day for a family outing. We did a (minor) Target run, had lunch at the mall food court, and stopped by JoAnn Fabrics for some small Valentines and springtime decorations (time to put the Christmas stuff away!).

One of my purchases was a small heart-shaped wreath with faux lavender flowers, which caught my eye the moment I saw it. 


Though it might not seem like much, I came home feeling very satisfied. I realized it had been a long time since we had gone out as a family and I had felt at ease. Really, our daughter is (knock on wood) very good in restaurants and stores, but going out with her in tow has often been stressful for me, spurred mostly by motherly worries of a sudden, mysterious infant meltdown. But today was different, and I was much more relaxed, even back to my wisecracking self (much to my husband's surprise). Could it be the gratitude talking? 😉  

I am grateful for such a nice family outing, and for starting to feel 'like myself' again.
*****
This is an entry for the Gratitude practice I am working towards during 2018. Please feel free to read all about it here.
*****
May all beings be happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please share with others. -With Metta, Renata