Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The beauty of new green leaves

On a recent walk I composed a Haiku poem to express what I was seeing and feeling at the time. I hope you enjoy this springtime poem, along with the photos I took to accompany it.

*****

Light through brand new leaves
shines green into the forest,
providing true calm.


Brand new leaves of Larch trees, genus Larix 


Looking up into a beautiful, assorted canopy of green. 


A small path through a stand of 'Bottlebrush Buckeyes', Aesculus parviflora 



*****
To read more Haiku poems, please check out these lovely examples from my good friend Lon at Present Winds.

May all beings be happy!

6 comments:

  1. Hello Renata,
    This is absolutely beautiful!!! I really like these photos of yours and the poem you wrote is great!!!

    Quite a long time ago I wrote my own two Haiku poems, but I wasn't sure if I should post them or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lon! I am so happy you enjoyed this post and the pictures. I very much agree with quietmind279, and would LOVE to read your Haiku poems!

      If you are comfortable doing so, please post them, unless of course you feel that they are especially private or personal to you.

      May you be well!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE you Haiku. Your pictures are beautiful as well.

    Lon A...I want to see your Haikus :)
    Be happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, quietmind279! I am so happy you enjoyed them. As I state above, I would love to see Lon's Haiku poems as well!

      Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  3. Hello Renata,
    You have brightened my day today, for this was a very kind act you have done for me, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lon,
      You are very welcome! :) I also very much appreciate the time you take to make such kind comments on my posts.

      All the best to you- have a wonderful day!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please share with others. -With Metta, Renata