Friday, February 5, 2010

Mini-retreat#1: How to spend my day

Sleeping and watching TV. No, just kidding :). As you may have read in my previous post, I have sworn off TV and internet for the weekend, in order to reconnect with myself, and just to experience breathing, life.

I wanted to give some idea of what I would be doing, so here it is: (Take note that this is not a schedule, but a list of general activities.)

Wake up mindfully, breathe!!
Drink tea
Meditate
Read spiritual books, take notes
Bathe
Clean
Reduce clutter
Recycle
Practice yoga
Exercise
Write thoughts, ideas, emotions
Look out the window, observe
Learn and recite mantras
Take a walk
Cook
Eat
Sleep

Notice the simplicity of each of these activities. If I unplug myself from technology, will I have fewer distractions preventing me from doing- and experiencing- the item at hand? Stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please share with others. -With Metta, Renata